Part of the The Statesman’s Yearbook book series (SYBK)
The Lao People’s Democratic Republic was founded on 2 Dec. 1975. Until that date Laos was a Kingdom, once called Lanxang (the land of a million elephants).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Books of Reference
- La Constitution du Laos. Notes et Eludes. 1957Google Scholar
- International Conference on the Settlement of the Laotian Question. Geneva. 12th May 1961–23rd July 1962 (Cmnd. 1828). HMSO, 1962Google Scholar
- Declaration and Protocol on the Neutrality of Laos. Geneva. 23rd July 1962 (Cmnd. 2025). HMSO, 1963Google Scholar
- While Book on the Violations of the Geneva Accords of 1962 by the Government of North Vietnam. Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Vientiane, 1968Google Scholar
- Halpern, Joel M., Economy and Society of Laos: Brief Survey. Yale Univ. Press, 1964.Google Scholar
- — Government, Politics and Social Structure in Laos. Yale Univ. Press, 1964Google Scholar
- Stuart-Cox, M., Contemporary Laos. Univ. of Queensland Press, 1983Google Scholar
- Zasloff, J. J., The Pathel Lao: Leadership and Organization. Lexington, Toronto and London, 1973Google Scholar
© Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Macmillan Publishers Limited 1984