The former German colony of Kamerun was occupied by French and British troops in 1916. The greater portion of the territory (422,673 sq. km) was in 1919 placed under French administration, excluding the territory ceded to Germany in 1911, which reverted to French Equatorial Africa. The portion under French trusteeship was granted full internal autonomy on 1 Jan. 1959 and complete independence was proclaimed on 1 Jan. 1960.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Books of Reference
- Statistical Information: The Service de la Statistique Générale, at Douala, set up in 1945, publishes a monthly bulletin (from Nov. 1950)Google Scholar
- Le Vine, V. T., The Cameroon Federal Republic. Cornell Univ. Press, 1971Google Scholar
- Ndongko, W. A., Planning for Economic Development in a Federal State: The Case of Cameroon, 1960–71. New York, 1975Google Scholar
- Rubin, N., Cameroon. New York, 1972Google Scholar