Part of the The Statesman’s Yearbook book series (SYBK)
HISTORY. The republic of Costa Rica (the ‘Rich Coast’) has been independent since 1821, although it formed, from 1824 to 1838, part of the Confederation of Central America.
República de Costa Rica
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Books of Reference
- Statistical Information. Official statistics are issued by the Director General de Estadistica (Ministerio de Industria y Comercio, San José) as they become available. The compilation of statistics was started in 1861.Google Scholar
- Bell, J. P., Crisis in Costa Rica. London and Austin, USA, 1971Google Scholar
- Biesanz, J. and M., Costa Rican Life. 3rd printing. New York, 1946Google Scholar
- Fernandez Guardia, L., Historia de Costa Rica. 2nd ed., 2 vols. San José, 1941Google Scholar
- Seligson, M. A., Peasants of Costa Rica and the Development of Agrarian Capitalism. Univ. of Wisconsin Press, 1980Google Scholar
- Trejos, Juan, Geografia iluslrada de Costa Rica. San José, 1948Google Scholar
© Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Macmillan Publishers Limited 1982