HISTORY. Barbados was occupied by the British in 1627 and during its colonial history never changed hands. Full internal self-government was attained in 1961. Barbados became an independent sovereign state within the Commonwealth on 30 Nov. 1966.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Books of Reference
- Barbados Economic Survey, 1978 Google Scholar
- Barbados Development Plan, 1979–83 Google Scholar
- Chandler, M. J., A Guide to Records in Barbados. University of the West Indies, 1965Google Scholar
- Hoyos, F. A., Barbados, Our Island Home. London, 1970.Google Scholar
- —Barbados: A History from the Amerindians to Independence. London, 1978Google Scholar
- Starkey, O. P., Commercial Geography of Barbados. Indiana Univ. Press, 1961Google Scholar