The Commonwealth of the Bahamas
The Bahamas were discovered by Colombus in 1492 but the Spanish did not make a permanent settlement. British settlers arrived in the 17th century and it was occupied by Britain, except for a short period in the 18th century, until it gained independence.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Books of Reference
- Annual Report, 1968–69. HMSO, 1969Google Scholar
- Bahamas Handbook and Businessman’s Annual, 1973 Google Scholar
- Commonwealth of the Bahamas, Statistical Abstract, 1970–71. Nassau, 1972Google Scholar
- Albury, P., The Story of the Bahamas London, 1975Google Scholar
- Craton, M. A., A History of the Bahamas London, 1962Google Scholar
- Library: Nassau Public Library.Google Scholar