The Commonwealth of the Bahamas
The Commonwealth of the Bahamas consists of 700 islands and more than 1,000 cays off the S.E. coast of Florida. They are the surface protuberances of two oceanic banks, the Little Bahama Bank and the Great Bahama Bank. Land area, 5,353 sq. miles (13,864 sq. km). The total rainfall (New Providence) in 1972 was 48•57 in.; highest in July (10•01 in.). Average winter temperature, 69•9° F. (21•1° C); average summer temperature, 82•8° F. (28•2° C).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Books of Reference
- Annual Report, 1968–69. HMSO, 1969Google Scholar
- Bahamas Handbook and Businessman’s Annual, 1973 Google Scholar
- Commonwealth of the Bahamas, Statistical Abstract, 1970–71. Nassau, 1972Google Scholar
- Albury, P., The Story of the Bahamas. London, 1975Google Scholar
- Craton, M. A., A History of the Bahamas. London, 1962Google Scholar
- library, Nassau Public Library.Google Scholar