HISTORY. The former German colony of Kamerun was occupied by French and British troops in 1916. The greater portion of the territory (432,000 sq. km) was in 1919 placed under French administration, excluding the territory ceded to Germany in 1911, which reverted to French Equatorial Africa. The portion under French trusteeship was granted full internal autonomy on 1 Jan. 1959 and complete independence was proclaimed on 1 Jan. 1960.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Books of Reference
- Ruanda-Urundi [Engl. ed.]. Office of Information for the Congo, Brussels, 1960Google Scholar
- Lemarchand, R., Rwanda and Burundi. London, 1970Google Scholar
- Mpozapara, G., La Republique du Burundi. Paris, 1971Google Scholar
- Ardener, E. (and others), Plantation and Village in the Cameroons: Economic and Social Studies. OUP, 1960Google Scholar
- Le Vine, V. T., The Cameroon Federal Republic. Cornell Univ. Press, 1971Google Scholar