On 24 June 1939 the President of the Council of Ministers issued a declaration that the name of the country, hitherto known as Siam, should henceforward be Thailand, and of the people and nationality, Thai.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Books of Reference
- Thailand Statistical Yearbook 1969. National Statistical Office, BangkokGoogle Scholar
- Thailand Official Yearbook 1968. Government Printer, BangkokGoogle Scholar
- Varin, Manit (ed.), Thailand at a Glance. 4th ed. Thailand Information Service, London, 1969Google Scholar
- Bibliography of materials about Thailand in western languages. Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, 1960Google Scholar
- Chamni Phimphisan (ed.), The Siam Directory. Bangkok, 1967Google Scholar
- Chu, V., Thailand Today. New York, 1968Google Scholar
- Exell, F. K., The land and people of Thailand. London, 1960Google Scholar
- Haas, M. R., Thai-English student’s dictionary. OUP, 1966Google Scholar
- Kirkup, J., Bangkok. London, 1968Google Scholar
- Muscat, R. J., Development strategy in Thailand: a case study of economic modernization. London, 1966Google Scholar
- Phloyphrom, P., Modern Standard Thai-English Dictionary. Bangkok, 1958Google Scholar
- Silcock, T. H. (ed.), Thailand: social und economic studies. Canberra, 1967Google Scholar