HISTORY. Treaties with Britain of 1882 and 1892 were replaced by a treaty of friendship which was signed on 15 Aug. 1971. Under the earlier treaties Britain had been responsible for Bahrain’s defence and foreign relations. On the same day Bahrain declared its independence.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Books of Reference
- statistical and general information. Ministry of Information, P.O. Box 253 Manama.Google Scholar
- Superintendent-General of Information: Shaikh Isa bin Mohammed Al-KhalifaGoogle Scholar
- Belgrave, Sir Charles, Personal Column. London, 1960Google Scholar
- Belgrave, J. H. D., Welcome to Bahrain. 8th ed. Manama, 1972Google Scholar
- Marlowe, J., The Persian Gulf in the Twentieth Century Google Scholar