The Government of St Helena is administered by a Governor, with the aid of a Legislative Council consisting of the Governor, 2 ex-officio members (the Government Secretary and the Treasurer) and 12 elected members. Committees of the Legislative Council are responsible for the general oversight of the activities of government departments and have, in addition, statutory and administrative functions.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Books of Reference
- Annual Report, 1962–63. HMSO, 1965Google Scholar
- Blakeston, O., Isle of St Helena. London, 1957Google Scholar
- Booy, D. M., Rock of Exile: a narrative of Tristan da Cunha. London, 1957Google Scholar
- Holdgate, M., Mountains in the Sea. London, 1958Google Scholar
- Munch, P. A., Sociology of Tristan da Cunha. Oslo, 1945Google Scholar
- Stonehouse, B., Wideawake Island [Ascension]. London, 1960Google Scholar