The area is 112,600 sq. km, and the population, in 1965, 2.37m. The seat of government is Porto Novo (74,500 inhabitants); the chief port and business centre is Cotonou (111,000); other important towns are Abomey (42,100), Ouidah (19,600) and Parakou (16,300).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- French Ambassador: L. F. Delamare.Google Scholar
- British Ambassador and Consul-General: F. Smitherman, MBE (resides at Lomé).Google Scholar
- Ambassador to UK: Michel Ahouanmenou.Google Scholar
- Ambassador to USA: Wilfred de Souza.Google Scholar
- USA Ambassador: Matthew Looram, Jr.Google Scholar
- Bulletin statistique du Dahomey. Porto-Novo. (Monthly)Google Scholar