CONSTITUTION AND GOVERNMENT. On 14 July 1958 the Republic of Iraq was declared by a group of Army officers, after an armed coup d’eta. in which the reigning King Faisal II and his uncle, the ex-Regent the Emir Abdul Ilah, and the Prime Minister, Nuri al Said, lost their lives. Por the next 4 years the country was under the control of Gen. Qasim, who was executed on 9 Feb. 1963, following a coup d’éta. by the Army and Air Force on the previous day.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Books of Reference
- STATISTICAL INFORMATION. The Principal Bureau of Statistics, Ministry of Economics, Baghdad, publishes an annual Statistical Abstrac. (latest issue 1962) and a Quarterly Bulletin of Statistics. Foreign Trade statistics are published annually by the Ministry of Economics.Google Scholar
- Arfa, H., The Kurds. OUP, 1966Google Scholar
- Langley, K. M., The Industrialization of Iraq. Harvard Univ. Press, 1961Google Scholar
- Longrigg, S., and Stoakes, F., Iraq. London, 1959Google Scholar
- Wirth, E., Agrargeographie des Irak. Hamburg, 1962Google Scholar