The Somali Republic came into being on 1 July 1960 as a result of the merger of the British Somaliland Protectorate, which became independent on 26 June 1960, and the Italian Trusteeship Territory of Somalia. For the previous history of these territories see The Statesman’s Yeae-Book, 1960, pp. 337 and 1367.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Books of Reference
- D’Antonio, M., Italia e Somalia: Dieci anni di collaborazione. Home 1962.—La Costituzione Somala. Rome, 1962Google Scholar
- Drysdale, J., The Somali Dispute. London, 1964Google Scholar
- Karp, M., The Economics of Trusteeship in Somalia. Boston Univ. Press, 1960Google Scholar
- Lewis, I. M., Peoples of the Horn of Africa. Intern. African Institute, London, 1954.—A Pastoral Democracy. London, 1962.—The modern history of Somaliland. London, 1965Google Scholar
- Lytton, The Earl of, The stolen desert. London, 1966Google Scholar