On 24 June 1939 the President of the Council of Ministers issued a declaration that the name of the country, hitherto known as Siain, should henceforward be Thailand, and of the people and nationality, Thai.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Books of Reference
- Commercial Directory Jot Thailand. Bangkok. (Latest issue, 1958.) (Published by The Bangkok Chaber of Commerce)Google Scholar
- Directory of Bangkok and Siam (Bangkok Times). Bangkok. AnnualGoogle Scholar
- Report of the Financial Adviser, covering the year 1941 to 1950. Bangkok, 1951Google Scholar
- Crosby. Sir Josiah, Siam: Past and Future. London, 1945Google Scholar
- De Young, J. E., Village Life in Modern Thailand. Univ. of California Press 1985Google Scholar
- MacFarland, G. M., Thai-English Dictionary, 2nd ed. Stanford, Cal., 1944Google Scholar
- Reeve, W. D., Public Administration in Siam. London, 1951Google Scholar