Mohammad Reza Pahlavi (born 26 Oct. 1919), who was sworn before the Majles on 18 Sept. 1941 on the abdication of his father Reza Shah Pahlavi (died 26 July 1944), who after the overthrow of the Qajar dynasty had been elected shah on 13 Dee. 1925. After the dissolution of two former marriages, the Shah on 21 Dec. 1959 married Farah Diba, daughter of an army oflicer. Heir apparent: Prince Keza Pahlavi, born 31 Oct. 1960.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Books of Reference
- Statistical Information. The principal statistical agencies of the Government are : (1) Department of Census, Civil Kegistration, and Statistics (Ministry of the Interior). Director-General: Sa’id Sami’i. Publications on demographical statistics, in Persian. (2) Publicity and Information Department of the Seven-year Plan Organization, Director! Abul Hasan Ehteshami. Publications on industry, labour, agriculture, in English and Persian. (3) Statistical and Economic Research Department of the Bank Melli Iran. Publishes Monthly Bulletin, in English and Persian. (4) Customs Department (Ministry of Finance), publishes monthly and annual reports, in French and Persian. (5) and (6) Ministry of Labour and Ministry of Industry and Mines, publish statistical year-books.Google Scholar
- Adli, Abolfazi, Aussenhandel und Aussenwirtschaftspolitik des Iran. Berlin, 1960Google Scholar
- Arberry, A. J. (ed.), The Legacy of Persia. Oxford Univ. Press, 1953Google Scholar
- Ourzon, G. N. (later Lord), Persia and the Persian Question. London, 1892Google Scholar
- Lambton, A. K. S., Landlord and Peasant in Persia. Oxford Univ. Press, 1963.—Persian Vocabulary. Cambridge Univ. Press, 1954Google Scholar
- Lenczowski, George, Russia and the West in Iran. Cornell Univ., 1948; supplement, 1954Google Scholar
- Malek-Mahdavi, Ahmed, Le Parlement Iranien. Univ. of Neuchatel, 1954Google Scholar
- Itajput, A. B., Iran To-day. 3rd ed. Lahore, 1953Google Scholar
- Steinglass, F. J., A Comprehensive Persian-English Dictionary. 2nd ed. London, 1930Google Scholar
- Sykes, Sir Percy M., A History of Persia. 2 vols. 3rd ed. London, 1930Google Scholar
- Vreeland, H. H. (ed.), Iran. New Haven, Conn., 1957Google Scholar
- Zakhoder, B. N. (ed.), Sovremennyi Iran. Moscow, 1957Google Scholar