The former German colony of Kamerun was occupied by French and British troops in 1916. The greater portion of the territory was in 1919 placed under French administration, namely 432,000 sq. km, excluding the territory ceded to Germany in 1911, which reverted to French Equatorial Africa. Population at 31 Dec. 1957 was 3,223,000; Europeans, 16,382.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Books of Reference
- Statistical Information. The service de la Statistique Générale, at Douala, set up in 1945, publishes a monthly bulletin (from Nov. 1950)Google Scholar
- Rapport annuel à l’Organisation des Nations Unies Google Scholar
- Cameroun-Togo,—Revue. Publ. Editions de l’Union FrançaiseGoogle Scholar
- Bouchaud, J., Histoire et Géographie du Cameroun sous mandat français. New ed. Douala, 1944Google Scholar
- Lambezat, B., Cameroun. Paris, 1947Google Scholar
- Cameroun 1956. Paris, 1956Google Scholar