The Hashimite Kingdom of Jordan
CONSTITUTION AND GOVERNMENT. The Kingdom is governed by His Majesty King Hussein, eldest son of King Talal, who, being incapacitated by mental illness, was deposed by Parliament on 11 Aug. 1952. The King was born 14 Nov. 1935, and married Princess Dina Abdel Hamid on 19 April 1955. The heir presumptive is Amir Mohammed (bom 3 Oct. 1941).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Books of Reference
- The Department of Statistics, Ministry of Economics, publishes an Animal Statistical Yearbook (in Arabic and English).Google Scholar
- The Constitution of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. Amman, 1952Google Scholar
- Glubb, J. B., The Story of the Arab Legion. London, 1948Google Scholar
- Peake, F. G., A History of Transjordan and its Tribes. 2 vols. Amman, 1934Google Scholar
- Seton, C. R. W., Legislation of Transjordan, 1918–30. London, 1931. [Continued by the Government of Jordan as an annual publication: Jordon Legislation. Amman, 1932 ff.)Google Scholar