The Hashimite Kingdom of Jordan
Constitution and Government.—The Kingdom is governed by His Majesty King Hussein, eldest son of King Talal, who, being incapacitated by mental illness, was deposed by Parliament on 11 Aug., 1952. The King was born 14 Nov., 1935, and married Princess Dina Abdel Hamid on 19 April, 1955. The heir presumptive is Amir Mohammed (born 3 Oct., 1941).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Books of Reference
- The Constitution of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. Amman, 1952.Google Scholar
- Glubb (J. B.), The Story of the Arab Legion. London, 1948.Google Scholar
- Konikoff (A.), Transjordan: An Economic Survey [with a bibliographical supplement]. 2nd ed. Jerusalem, 1946.Google Scholar
- Peake (F. G.), A History of Transjordan and its Tribes. 2 vols. Amman, 1934.Google Scholar
- Seton (C. R. W.), Legislation of Transjordan, 1918–30. London, 1931. [Continued by the Government of Transjordan as an annual publication: Transjordan Legislation. Amman, 1932 ff.]Google Scholar