On 11 May, 1949, the President of the Council of Ministers issued a declaration that the name of the country, hitherto known as Siam, should henceforward be Thailand, and of the people and nationality, Thai.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Books of Reference
- Commercial Directory for Thailand. Bangkok. (Latest issue, 1949.) (Published by the Department of Commerce.)Google Scholar
- Directory of Bangkok and Siam (Bangkok Times). Bangkok. Annual.Google Scholar
- Crosby (Sir Josiah), Siam: Past and Future. London, 1945.Google Scholar
- Landon (K. P.), Siam in Transition: a brief survey of cultural trends in the five years since the Revolution of 1932. London. 1940.Google Scholar
- Rivière (P. Louis). Siam. Paris, 1937.Google Scholar
- Thompson (Virginia), Thailand: The New Siam. New York, 1941.Google Scholar