A new technique for measuring ratios of elastic scattering cross sections: An application to the calcium isotopes
A technique has been developed which allows one to measure ratios of elastic scattering cross sections for nearby nuclei and which should be free of most systematic uncertainties. Protons scattered from a mixed target are momentum-analyzed in a high resolution spectrograph and the scatterer is identified by the kinematic shift. The result of an application to scattering from the calcium isotopes 40,44,48Ca is discussed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.A.M. Kobos and R.S. Mackintosh, J. Phys. G, to be published.Google Scholar
- 3.J.A. Nolen and P.S. Miller, Proceedings of the 7th Int’l Conf. on Cyclotrons and their Applications. (Birkhäuser, Basel, 1975) p.249.Google Scholar
- 7.R.S. Mackintosh and A.M. Kobos, J. Phys. G4, L135 (1978).Google Scholar
- 11.L. Ray, private communication.Google Scholar
- 12.B. Sinha, Phys. Rev. 20, 1 (1975).Google Scholar