Effects of particle-vibration coupling on the hartree-fock potential
We have calculated the optical potential in the case of low energy neutron — 208Pb scattering using an effective Skyrme interaction. In addition to the HF potential we have obtained the complex correction potential ΔV due to the excitation of the low lying collective states and the giant resonances. The potential ΔV is localized at the nuclear surface because of the particular density dependence of the force we used. A larger effect in the interior region is needed, especially for the absorptive potential which should have a volume part. Such an effect could be obtained if one used a force with a weaker density dependence than the force SIII.
To investigate further the properties of our calculated potential, scattering cross-sections must be computed. The preliminary results we have obtained recently for the elastic differential cross-section at 15 MeV without renormalizing the potential Vloc(r) + iWloc(r) are very encouraging.
KeywordsOptical Potential Skyrme Force Absorptive Potential Skyrme Type Local Equivalent Potential
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6).J.P. Jeukenne, A. Lejeune and C. Mahaux, Proc. Int. Conference on Nuclear Self-Consistent Fields, Trieste (1975) p.155Google Scholar
- 9).A. Bouyssy, H. Ngô and N. Vinh Mau, Contribution to this ConferenceGoogle Scholar
- 10).V. Bernard, Thèse de 3è Cycle, Université Paris-Sud (1978)Google Scholar
- 11).V. Bernard and Nguyen van Giai, to be publishedGoogle Scholar
- 12).N. Vinh Mau, Theory of Nuclear Structure (IAEA, Vienna 1970) p.931Google Scholar