Various structure of plasma polymerized layers
The structure of plasma polymerized amorphous and crystalline layers is discussed. the discussion is based on literature data and on some of our experimental results obtained for polyvinylcarbazole and polyvinylalcohole layers. Optical and electron micrographs, and the surface profile graphs obtained by mechanical surfometer are the methods used for the detection of the plasma polymerized layer morphology. The structure of these layers is compared to that of ordinary polymers. It can be concluded that the plasma polymerized layers may be dealt with as polymer materials.
Key wordsPlasma polymerized layers crystalline structure network poly(N-vinylcarbazole (PVCa) roughness surface profile
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Tibitt JM, Bell AT, Shen M (1977) J Macromol Sci Chem 11:139Google Scholar
- 4.Biederman H, Personal communicationGoogle Scholar
- 5.Yasuda H (1985) Plasma Polymerization. Academic Press, OrlandoGoogle Scholar
- 6.Wunderlich B (1973) Macromolecular Physics Academic Press, New York and LondonGoogle Scholar
- 7.Biederman H, Chudáček I, Slavínská D, Štulík P (1989) Proc ISPC-9, Pugnoiozo, Italy, p 1230Google Scholar