Experimental evaluation of H∞ control for a flexible beam magnetic suspension system
- 263 Downloads
An H ∞ robust controller is experimentally demonstrated on a magnetic suspension system with a flexible beam. The experimental apparatus utilized in this study is a simplified model of magnetic bearings with an elastic rotor. We first derive a suitable mathematical model of the plant by taking account of various model uncertainties. Next we setup the standard problem, where the generalized plant is constructed with frequency weighting functions. An iterative computing environment MATLAB is then employed to calculate the central controller. The techniques devised for the selection of design parameters involve both the game theoretic characterizations of the central controller in the time domain and the all-pass property of the closed loop transfer function in the frequency domain. Finally, the digital controller is implemented using a DSP μPD77230 where the control algorithm is written in the assembly language. Several experiments are carried out in order to evaluate the robustness and the performance of this H ∞ design. These experimental results confirm us that the flexible beam magnetic suspension system is robustly stable against various real parameter changes and uncertainties.
KeywordsDigital Signal Processor Central Controller Magnetic Bearing Assembly Language Flexible Beam
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Fujita, F. Matsumura, and M. Shimizu, ‘H ∞ robust control design for a magnetic suspension system,’ in Proc. 2nd Int. Symp. Magnetic Bearings, Tokyo, Japan, 1990.Google Scholar
- M. Fujita and F. Matsumura, ‘H ∞ control of a magnetic suspension system (in Japanese),’ J. IEE of Japan, vol. 110, no. 8, pp. 661–664, 1990.Google Scholar
- F. Matsumura, M. Fujita, and M. Shimizu, ‘Robust stabilization of a magnetic suspension system using H ∞ control theory (in Japanese),’ Trans. IEE of Japan, vol. 110-D, no. 10, pp. 1051–1057, 1990.Google Scholar
- M. Fujita, F. Matsumura, and K. Uchida, ‘Experiments on the H ∞ disturbance attenuation control of a magnetic suspension system,’ in Proc. 29th IEEE Conf. Decision Contr., Honolulu, Hawaii, 1990.Google Scholar
- M. Fujita, F. Matsumura, and K. Uchida, ‘H ∞ robust control of a flexible beam magnetic suspension system (in Japanese),’ J. SICE, vol. 30, no. 8, 1991.Google Scholar