Rejection of persistent, bounded disturbances for sampled-data systems
- 255 Downloads
In this paper, a complete solution for the ℓ 1 sampled-data problem is furnished for arbitrary plants. Then ℓ 1 sampled-data problem is described as follows: Given a continuous-time plant, with continuous-time performance objectives, design a digital controller that delivers this performance. This problem differs from the s-tandard discrete-time methods in that it takes into consideration the inter-sampling behaviour of the closed loop system. The resulting closed loop system dynamics consists of both continuous-time and discrete-time dynamics and thus such systems are known as “Hybrid” systems. It is shown that given any degree of accuracy, there exists a standard discrete-time ℓ 1 problem, which can be determined apriori, such that for any controller that achieves a level of performance for the discrete-time problem, the same controller achieves the same performance within the prescribed level of accuracy if implemented as a sampled-data controller.
KeywordsClose Loop System Digital Controller Continuous Time Signal Linear Periodic System Linear Continuous Time System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- B. Bamieh, M.A. Dahleh and J.B. Pearson, ‘Minimization of the L ∞ induced norm for sampled-data systems,’ Rice University Technical Report, Houston, TX, June 1991.Google Scholar
- B. Bamieh and J.B. Pearson, ‘A General Framework for Linear Periodic Systems with Application to H ∞ Sampled-Data Control', to appear in IEEE Trans. on Aut. Control. Google Scholar
- B. Bamieh, J.B. Pearson, B.A. Francis, A. Tannenbaum, ‘A Lifting Technique for Linear Periodic Systems with Applications to Sampled-Data Control', to appear in Systems and Controls Letters. Google Scholar
- M.A. Dahleh and J.B. Pearson, ‘ℓ 1-optimal feedback control for MIMO discrete-time systems', in Trans. Aut. Control, AC-32, 1987.Google Scholar
- G. Dullerud and B. Francis, ‘L 1 Performance in Sampled-Data Systems', preprint, Submitted to IEEE Trans. on Aut. Control. Google Scholar
- P.T. Kabamba and S. Hara, ‘Worst case analysis and design of sampled data control systems', Preprint.Google Scholar
- J.S. McDonald and J.B. Pearson, ‘ℓ 1-Optimal Control of Multivariable Systems with Output Norm Constraints', Automatica, vol. 27, no. 3, 1991.Google Scholar
- N. Sivashankar and Pramod P. Khargonekar, ‘L ∞-Induced Norm of Sampled-Data Systems', Proc. of the CDC, 1991.Google Scholar
- H.T. Toivonen, 'sampled-data control of continuous-time systems with an H ∞ optimality criterion', Chemical Engineering, Abo Akademi, Finland, Report 90-1, January 1990.Google Scholar