Rheological properties of schizophyllan in presence of borate ions
The viscoelastic properties of schizophyllan, a neutral fungal polysaccharide, were studied in presence of small amounts of borate ions. We observed the ability to get physical gels as the result of the complexation between the diol sites of the biopolymer and the borate ions, leading to the establishment of a tridimensional network. Kinetic of gelation as well as the influence of physicochemical parameters were studied by way of rheological measurements.
Key wordsSchizophyllan polysaccharide borate ions rheology sol-to-gel transition physical gel
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Boeseken J, Van Giffen J (1920) Recl Trav Chim 39:183Google Scholar
- 8.Kikomoto S, Miyajima T, Yoshizumi S, Fujimoto S, Kimura K (1970) J Agr Chem Soc Jpn 44:337Google Scholar
- 10.Takahashi Y, Kobatake T, Suzuki H (1984) Rep Prog Polym Phys Jpn 27:767Google Scholar
- 13.Alhaique F, Riccieri FM, Santucci E, Crezcenzi V, Gamini A (1985) J Pharm Pharmacol 37:310Google Scholar
- 15.Foster AB (1957) Adv Carbohydr Chem 12:81Google Scholar
- 16.Han M (1992) Thesis, Université de Rouen, FranceGoogle Scholar