Dielectric relaxation processes in poly (epoxypropylcarbazole) layers
- 64 Downloads
Polyepoxypropylcarbazole films were cast from solution on to an aluminium substrate and the upper Al-electrode was vacuum evaporated. The components of complex dielectric constants were measured in the frequency range from 10 to 105 Hz at temperatures 273 to 420 K. The experimental results lead to the conclusion that near T g the observed relaxations are essentially associated with the cooperative nature of the carbazole units motions without the direct influence of the polymeric chain. The experimental data fit the nonexponential correlation function better than the functions obtained from the distribution of relaxation time concept.
Key wordsDielectric relaxation poly (epoxypropylcarbazole) molecular correlation function cooperative monomers motion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Kirščiunas V, Kuliešius F, Latakas R, Tamošiunas S (1986) Liet fiz rinkinys XXVII:233Google Scholar
- 3.Havriliak S, Negami S (1966) J Polym Sci C 14:99Google Scholar
- 5.Pochan JM, Hinman DF (1976) J Polym Sci 14:2285Google Scholar
- 8.Williams G (1982) Ann Rept Conf Electr Insul Diel Phenom, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 9.Johari GP (1985) J Chem Phys 82:283Google Scholar