A nondifferentiable approach to the solution of optimum design problems with variational inequalities
- 110 Downloads
The paper deals with the numerical solution of a class of optimum design problems in which the controlled systems are described by elliptic variational inequalities. The approach is based on the description of (discretized) system operators by means of generalized Jacobians and the subsequent usage of nondifferentiable optimization methods. As an application, an important shape design problems is solved.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.Hoffmann K-H, Haslinger J (1989) On the identification of incidence set for elliptic free boundary value problems. DFG Research Report No. 174, AugsburgGoogle Scholar
- 8.Jitorntrum K (1984) Solution point differentiability without strict complementarity in nonlinear programming. Math Prog Study 21:127–138Google Scholar
- 9.Kočvara M, Outrata JV (1991) On the solution of optimum design problems with variational inequalities. To appearGoogle Scholar
- 12.Mäkelä M (1990) Nonsmooth Optimization. Thesis, JyväskyläGoogle Scholar
- 13.Outrata JV (1988) On the numerical solution of a class of Stackelberg problems. DFG Research Report No. 44, BayreuthGoogle Scholar
- 15.Schramm H, Zowe J (1991) A version of the bundle idea for minimizing a nonsmooth function: Conceptual idea, convergence analysis, numerical results. SIAM J Optim, to appearGoogle Scholar
- 17.Von Stackelberg H (1952) The Theory of Market Economy. Oxford University Press, OxfordGoogle Scholar