On number problems for the open shop problem
- 106 Downloads
In discrete optimization problems investigations of the number of feasible or optimal solutions are very difficult. Some interesting results we have found for the so-called open shop problem. By modelling this problem with latin rectangles we can describe the above problems as problems of determing the cardinality of sets of special latin rectangles. Therefore for small parameters well-known results about the number of latin rectangles are useful. Further results are obtained by generalization of investigations on the number of feasible solutions of the job shop problem.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bräsel,H.: Lateinische Rechtecke und Maschinenbelegung, Dissertation B, TU Magdeburg, 1990Google Scholar
- Bräsel,H.,Kleinau,M.: On the number of feasible solutions of the open shop problem — an application of special latin rectangles, to appear in optimizationGoogle Scholar
- Gonzales, T.,Sahni, S.: Open shop scheduling to minimize finish time, J.Ass.Comp.Mach., Vol.23,No.4,1976,pp.665–679Google Scholar
- Kleinau,M.: On the number of feasible solutions for the job shop and the open shop problem with two jobs or two machines, Preprint, Math 18/91, TU MagdeburgGoogle Scholar
- Танаев, В.С., Сотсков, Ю. Н., Струсевич, В.А.: Теория расписании стадииные системы, Наука, Москва 1989Google Scholar