Viscoelasticity and thermal equilibrium
The coupling between the force support by a viscoelastic rod, its length, changes in its temperature and the time elapsed from the beginning of loading is examined. General conclusions are established which show that an isothermal relaxation at constant length is a contradiction in terms. Similar conclusions are drawn relating to creep.
Key wordsViscoelastic creep relaxation coupling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Muller FH (1965) In: Eirich FR (ed) Rheology, Vol 5, Academic Press, New York, p 457 et seqGoogle Scholar
- 3.Coleman BD (1964) Arch Rat Mech Anal 17:230Google Scholar
- 9.Godovsky YuK (1986) Adv Polym Sci 76:31Google Scholar
- 10.Godovsky YuK (ed) (1982) Thermal Physics of Polymers, Khimia, MoscowGoogle Scholar
- 11.Godovsky YuK (ed) (1976) Thermophysical Methods of Polymer Characterization, Khimia, MoscowGoogle Scholar