An Euler solver based on the method of space-time conservation element and solution element
A new numerical algorithm for solving Euler equations based on the method of space-time conservation element and solution element (CE/SE) is introduced in this paper. A representative numerical example on an unsteady implosion/explosion process of a polygonal shock wave in a box is presented here to demonstrate the simplicity, generality, and accuracy of the CE/SE method. Numerical solution is compared with that obtained using a traditional TVD scheme.
KeywordsShock Wave Mach Stem NASA Lewis Research Reflect Boundary Condition Compact Difference Scheme
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.S.C. Chang, X.Y. Wang and C.Y. Chow: AIAA Paper 95-1754.Google Scholar
- 3.X.Y. Wang: Ph.D. thesis, University of Colorado at Boulder, December 1995.Google Scholar
- 4.X.Y. Wang, C.Y. Chow and S.C. Chang: AIAA Paper 96-0764.Google Scholar
- 5.C.Y. Loh, S.C. Chang, J.R. Scott, and S.T. Yu: AIAA Paper 96-0276.Google Scholar
- 6.T. Aki and F. Higashino, AIP Conference Proceeding 208, 1989.Google Scholar