Turbulence scaling laws in fusion plasmas
This paper is a review of models for dimensionless scaling laws in fusion plasmas. The reasons why this subject is of particular interest are given. Models based on the effect of rotational shear flow and avalanches are described in details.
KeywordsShear Flow Heat Diffusivity Minor Radius Larmor Radius Fusion Plasma
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J.G. Cordey, B. Balet, D. Campbell, C.D. Challis, J.P. Christiansen, C. Gormezano, C. Gowers, D. Muir, E. Righi, G.R. Saibene, P.M. Stubberfield, and K. Thomsen, 23rd EPS Conference on Controlled Fusion and Plasma Physics, Kiev (1996), Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion 38, A67 (1996).Google Scholar
- B.B. Kadomtsev, Sov. J. Plasma Phys. 1, 295 (1975).Google Scholar
- X. Garbet and R. Waltz, Phys. Plasmas 5, 1907 (1996)Google Scholar
- Y. Sarazin, Ph. Ghendrih, and X. Garbet, ”Intermittent transport due to particle flux drive of SOL turbulence”, to appear in Controlled Fusion and Plasma Physics (Proc. 24th EPS conference, Berchtesgaden, 1997).Google Scholar
- X. Garbet, R.E. Waltz, submitted to Phys. PlasmasGoogle Scholar
- P.M. Morse, and H. Feshbach, in Methods of Theoretical Physics, (McGraw Hill, 1953), vol. II, p. 1260.Google Scholar