A strong implementation of Kutta-Joukowski condition using Peculiar Velocity based Upwind (PVU) method
In computing inviscid flows around bodies with a sharp trailing edge, the imposition of Kutta-Jouskowski (KJ) condition is required for the numerical schemes in which updating is done at the nodes. We present here a strong implementation of the KJ condition, by explicitly forcing the latter, using Peculiar Velocity based Upwind (PVU) method.
Key WordsKutta-Joukowski condition Strong implementation PVU method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M.D. Salas, Foundations for the numerical solutions of the Euler equations, Recent advances in numerical methods in Fluid Dynamics, (ed.) W.G. Habashi, Pinewood Press Ltd., Swansea, U.K., pp 875–912, 1985.Google Scholar
- A.K. Ghosh and S.M. Deshpande, Least Squares Kinetic Upwind Method for Inviscid Compressible Flows, AIAA Paper no. 95-1735, 1995.Google Scholar
- S.V. Raghurama Rao and S.M. Deshpande, Peculiar velocity based upwind method for inviscid compressible flows, Computational Fluid Dynamics Journal, Vol. 3, no. 4, pp 415–432, 1995.Google Scholar
- M.Z. Dauhoo and S.M. Deshpande, A strong implementation of Kutta-Joukowski condition using Peculiar Velocity based Upwind Method, 97 FM 10, Fluid Mechanics reports, Centre of Excellence for Aerospace CFD, Department of Aerospace Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India, 1997.Google Scholar
- R. Balasubramanyan, V. Ramesh and S.M. Deshpande, On Kutta-Joukowski condition, Seventh Asian Congress of Fluid Mechanics, December 8–12, Chennai (Madras), India, 1997.Google Scholar