Numerical modelling of the fluid oscillations in the reservoir
The numerical solutions of the problem on fluid oscillations caused by instantaneous inclination of the base of the reservoir are considered. Calculations are carried out on the basis of potential fluid flows model and also nonlinear and nonlinearly-dispersive models of the shallow water theory. The bounds of applicability of the used models and algorithms are defined from numerical experiments. The qualitative calculation results are given.
Key WordsOscillations of Liquid in Vessels
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M.I. Zheleznyak M.I. and E.N. Pelinovskii, Physico-mathematical models of the tsunami climbing a beach. Tsunami Climbing a Beach, Gorkii (in Russian), 8–33 (1985).Google Scholar
- Khakimzyanov G.S. and Shokin Yu.I., A finite difference method for calculating surface waves in coastal zone. Russ. J. Numer. Anal. Math. Modelling, 8(6), 1993.Google Scholar
- Barakhnin V.B. and Khakimzyanov G.S., On the application of adaptive grids to the numerical solution of one-dimensional problems in the shallow-water theory. Ibid., 10(5), 1995.Google Scholar
- Barakhnin V.B. and Khakimzyanov G.S., Numerical modelling of fluid flows in the framework of a two-dimensional shallow-water model with the use of adaptive grids. Ibid., 12(2), 1997.Google Scholar
- Barakhnin V.B. and Khakimzyanov G.S., On the algorithm for one nonlinear dispersive shallow-water model grids. Ibid., 12(4), 1997.Google Scholar