Supersymmetric 3-cycles for N=1 brane box models
In this paper we discuss the strong coupling limit of chiral N=1 supersymmetric gauge theory via their embedding into M-theory. In particular we focus on N=1 brane box models and show that after a T-duality transformation their M-theory embedding is described by supersymmetric 3-cycles. Brane box models with uniform bending lead to 3-cycles which consist out of intersecting Seiberg-Witten curves. We discuss a few aspects of the intersection pattern in case of two intersecting tori which corresponds to N=1 SUSY QCD with N c =N f =4.
KeywordsGauge Theory Gauge Group Riemann Surface Coulomb Branch Supersymmetric Gauge Theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.A. Hanany and A. Zaffaroni, “On the realization of chiral four-dimensional gauge theories using branes,” hep-th/9801134.Google Scholar
- 8.K. Landsteiner, E. Lopez and D. A. Lowe, “Duality of chiral N=1 supersymmetric gauge theories via branes,” hep-th/9801002Google Scholar
- 9.A. Karch, D. Lüst, A. Miemiec, “N=1 Supersymmetric Gauge Theories and Supersymmetric 3-cycles,” hep-th/9810254.Google Scholar
- 10.M. Aganagic, A. Karch, D. Lüst and A. Miemiec, paper in preparation.Google Scholar
- 11.G. W. Gibbons and G. Papadopoulos, “Calibrations and intersecting branes,” hep-th/9803163; J. P. Gauntlett, N. D. Lambert and P. C. West, “Branes and calibrated geometries,” hep-th/9803216.Google Scholar
- 12.M. Douglas and G. Moore, “D-branes, Quivers and ALE instantons,” hep-th/9603167.Google Scholar
- 17.A. Hanany, M. J. Strassler, and A. M. Uranga, “Finite theories and marginal operators on the brane,” hep-th/9803086.Google Scholar
- 18.E. G. Gimon and M. Gremm, “A note on brane boxes at finite string coupling,” hep-th/9803033.Google Scholar
- 19.A. Hanany and A. M. Uranga, “Brane boxes and branes on singularities,” hep-th/9805139.Google Scholar
- 20.K. Becker, M. Becker and A. Strominger, “Five-branes, membranes and nonperturbative string theory,” hep-th/9507158.Google Scholar
- 21.R. Harvey and H. B. Lawson “Calibrated geometries,” Acta Mathematica 148.Google Scholar
- 22.J. M. Souriau “Construction explicite de l’indice de Maslov”Google Scholar