Orbifolds of AdS3 and fixpoints of the CFT
The 3-d BTZ black hole represents an orbifold of AdS 3 gravity. The UV as well as the IR region of the CFT is governed by a gauged SL(2, R) WZW model. In the UV it corresponds to a light-cone gauging (Liouville model) whereas in the IR it is a space-like gauging (2-d black hole).
KeywordsBlack Hole Central Charge Conformal Field Theory Black String Lens Space
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.J. Maldacena, “Talk at Strings98,” www.itp.ucsb.edu/online/strings98/maldacena.Google Scholar
- 7.K. Behrndt, “AdS gravity and field theories at fixpoints,” hep-th/9809015.Google Scholar
- 8.K. Behrndt, I. Brunner, and I. Gaida, “AdS 3 gravity and conformal field theories,” hep-th/9806195, “Entropy and conformal field theories of AdS 3 models”, Phys. Lett. B432 (1998) 310, hep-th/9804159.Google Scholar
- 9.M. J. Duff, H. Lu, and C. N. Pope, “AdS 3×S 3 (un)twisted and squashed, and an O(2,2,Z) multiplet of dyonic strings,” hep-th/9807173.Google Scholar
- 10.J. Maldacena and A. Strominger, “AdS 3 black holes and a stringy exclusion principle,” hep-th/9804085.Google Scholar
- 11.M. Cvetic and F. Larsen, “Microstates of four-dimensional rotating black holes from near horizon geometry,” hep-th/9805146.Google Scholar