Knots and complex systems
Part of the Lecture Notes in Physics book series (LNP, volume 461-461)
- 219 Downloads
This paper is a survey of topics in knot theory from the point of view of complex systems.
KeywordsBraid Group Jones Polynomial Reidemeister Move Lambda Calculus Link Diagram
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. Aczel, The Theory of Non-Well-Founded Sets, 1988, CLSI Lecture Notes, No. 14.Google Scholar
- 2.H. P. Barendregt, The Lambda Calculus Its Syntax and Semantics, North Holland, 1981, 1985.Google Scholar
- 3.“From large cardinals to braids via left distributive algebra”, (to appear in the Journal of Knot Theory and Its Ramifications).Google Scholar
- 5.Frederic B. Fitch, Elements of Combinatory Logic, New Haven and London, Yale University Press, 1974.Google Scholar
- 6.R. H. Fox, Introduction to Knot Theory, Blaisdell Pub. Co., 1963.Google Scholar
- 11.L. H. Kauffman, Knots and Physics, World Scientific Pub., 1991, 1994.Google Scholar
- 12.L. H. Kauffman and S. L. Lins, Temperley-Lieb Recoupling Theory and Invariants of 3-Manifolds, Annals of Mathematics Study 114, Princeton Univ. Press, 1994.Google Scholar
- 13.L. H. Kauffman, “Knot Logic”, To appear in Knots and Applications, edited by L. Kauffman, World Scientific Pub., 1994.Google Scholar
- 14.L. H. Kauffman and S. W. Winker, Quandles, Crystals and Racks-A New Approach to Knot Theory, (book in preparation), World Scientific Pub.Google Scholar
- 15.“A calculus for framed links in S3”, Invent. Math. 45 (1978), pp. 35–56.Google Scholar
- 17.E. E. Moise, Geometric Topology in Dimensions Two and Three, Springer Verlag, New York, 1977.Google Scholar
- 18.A. Pedretti, Self-Reference on the Isle of Wight—Transcripts of the First International Conference on Self-Reference, (August 24–27, 1979), Princelet Editions London and Zurich.Google Scholar
- 20.S. W. Winker, Quandles, Knot Invariants and the n-fold Branched Cover, (1984), Doctoral Thesis, Univ. of Illinois at Chicago.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1995