Detections of cosmic microwave background anisotropies at large and intermediate angular scales: Data analysis and experimental results
The first detection of Cosmic Microwave Background (CMB hereinafter) anisotropies was claimed by the COBE/DMR team in April 1992. Since then, eight groups have published detections: Saskatoon, Tenerife, ACME/SP94, IAB, Python, ACME/MAX3-4, MSAM and Argo. It is the aim of this contribution to review the experimental setups, data analyses and results of these experiements. The COBE/DMR experiment and the implications of its observations are considered in detail.
KeywordsAngular Scale Gaussian Correlation Cold Dark Matter Model Observational Strategy Matter Power Spectrum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bond, J.R. (1995): “Cosmology and Large Scale Structure”, ed by R. Schaeffer (Elsevier Science Publishers, Netherlands)Google Scholar
- Cayón, L., Martínez-González, E., Sanz, J.L., Sugiyama, N., Torres, S. (1995): preprintGoogle Scholar
- Cheng, E.S. et al. (1995): preprintGoogle Scholar
- Christiansen, W.N., Hogbom, J.A. (1985): Radio Telescopes, (2nd Edition, Cambridge University Press)Google Scholar
- Lasenby, A.N. Davies R.D. (1988): “Large Scale Motions in the Universe”, ed. by V.C. Rubin, G.V. Coyne (Vatican Press and Princeton Univ. Press), 277Google Scholar
- Lineweaver, C.H. (1994): (PhD, U.C. Berkeley)Google Scholar
- Martin, B.R. (1971): Statistics for Physicists, (London: Academic)Google Scholar
- Marton, L. (1976): Methods of Experimental Physics: Astrophysics. Radio Observations, (Academic Press, INC. London)Google Scholar
- Press, W.H., Teukolsky, S.A., Vetterling, W.T., Flannery, B.P. (1992): Numerical Recipes, (2nd Edition, Press Syndicate of the University of Cambridge)Google Scholar
- Puget, J.L., Abergel, A., Bernard, J.P., Boulanger, F., Burton, W.B., Desert, F.X., Hartman, D. (1995): submitted to A.A.Google Scholar
- Ruhl, J.E., Dragovan, M., Platt, S.R., Kovac, J., Novak, G. (1995): preprintGoogle Scholar
- Stompor, R., Gorski, K.M., Banday, A.J. (1995): preprintGoogle Scholar