Algorithms of parallel realisation of the PIC method with assembly technology
The main idea of the Assembly Technology and its application to parallelisation of the Particle-In-Cell (PIC) method is considered. The algorithms of the PIC method realisation for multicomputers are presented. dynamic load balancing for the PIC method realisation is discussed. The PIC realisation with the assembly technology is based on construction of a fragmented parallel program which is able to send its fragments for execution in underloaded processor nodes of multicomputer. Assignment of a fragment for execution on a processor element is done dynamically in the course of execution. This is the basis of the dynamic load balancing algorithm.
KeywordsLoad Balance Centralise Load Procedure Transfer Dynamic Load Balance Processor Element
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V.A. Valkovskii, V.E. Malyshkin. Synthesis of Parallel Programs and Systems on the Basis of Computational Models.// Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1988. (In Russian)Google Scholar
- 2.V. Malyshkin. Functionality in ASSY System and Language of Functional Programming.// Proc. “The Fist Aizu International Symposium on Parallel Algorithms/Architecture Synthesis”, 1995, Aizu-Wakamatsu, Fukushima, Japan. IEEE Comp. Soc. Press, Los Alamitos, California. P. 92–97.Google Scholar
- 3.M. Kraeva, V. Malyshkin. Implementation of PIC Method on MIMD Multicomputers with Assembly Technology.// Proc. of HPCN Europe 1997 (High Performance Computing and Networking) Int. Conference, LNCS, Vol. 1255, Springer Verlag, 1997. pp. 541–549.Google Scholar
- 4.Hockney R, Eastwood J. Computer Simulation Using Particles.//McGraw-Hill Inc. 1981.Google Scholar
- 5.Berezin Yu.A., Vshivkov V.A. The method of particles in rarefied plasma dynamic.// Novosibirsk: Nauka, 1980 (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 6.M. Kraeva, V. Malyshkin. Dynamic load balancing algorithms for implementation of PIC method on MIMD multicomputers.// Programmirovanie, N 1, 1999 (accepted for publication, in Russian)Google Scholar
- 7.A. Corradi, L. Leonardi, F. Zambonelli Performance Comparison of Load Balancing Policies based on a Diffusion Scheme// Proc. of the Euro-Par'97 LNCS Vol. 1300, p. 882–886.Google Scholar