Algorithm of two-level parallelization for direct simulation Monte Carlo of unsteady flows in molecular gasdynamics
A general scheme of two-level parallelization (TLP) has been described for direct simulation Monte Carlo of unsteady gas flows on shared memory multiprocessor supercomputers. The high efficient algorithm of parallel statistically independent runs is used on the first level. The data parallelization is employed for the second one. Two versions of TLP algorithm are elaborated with static and dynamic load balacing. The dynamic processor reallocation technique is used for the dynamic load balancing. Two gasdynamic unsteady problems were used to study speedup and efficiency of the algorithms. The conditions of the efficient usage of the algorithms have been determined.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. A. Bird. Molecular Gasdynamics and Direct Simulation of Gas Flows. Clarendon Press. Oxford. 1994Google Scholar
- 2.A. V. Bogdanov, N. Y. Bykov, G. A. Lukianov. Distributed and Parallel Direct Simulation Monte Carlo of Rarefied Gas Flows. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 1401. Springer-Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg New York (1998)Google Scholar
- 3.N. Y. Bykov, G. A. Lukianov. Parallel Direct Simulation Monte Carlo of Nonstationary Rarefied Gas Flows at the Supercomputers with Parallel Architecture. St. Petersburg. Institute for High-Performance Computing and Databases. Preprint N5-97. 1997.Google Scholar
- 4.J. M. Ortega. Introduction to Parallel and Vector Solution of Linear Systems. Plenum Press. New York. 1988Google Scholar
- 5.I. A. Grishin, V. V. Zakharov, G. A. Lukianov. Data Parallelization of Direct Simulation Monte Carlo in Gasdynamics. St. Petersburg. Institute for High-Performance Computing and Databases. Preprint N3-98. 1998.Google Scholar