MPI-based parallel implementation of a lithography pattern simulation algorithm
This paper presents the parallelization of a pattern simulation algorithm for Imaging Interferometric Lithography (IIL), a Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) process technology for producing sub-micron features. The approach uses Message Passing Interface (MPI) libraries . We also discuss some modifications to the basic parallel implementation that will result in efficient memory utilization and reduced communications among the processors. The scalability of runtime with degree of parallelism is also demonstrated. The scalability of runtime with degree of parallelism is also demonstrated. The algorithm was tested on three different platforms: IBM SP-2 running AIX, SGI Onyx 2 running IRIX 6.4, and a LINUX cluster of Pentium-233 workstations. The paper presents the results of these tests and also provides a comparison with those obtained with Mathcad (on Windows 95) and serial C (on Unix) implementations.
KeywordsMessage Passing Interface Modulation Transfer Function Very Large Scale Integration Mask Pattern Optical Lithography
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P. S. Pacheco, “Parallel Programming with MPI”, Morgan-Kaufmann Publishers, 1997.Google Scholar
- X. Chen, Z. Zhang, S. R. J. Brueck, R. A. Carpio, J. S. Peterson, “Process Development for 180 nm Structures using Interferometric Lithography and I-Line Photoresist,” Proc. SPIE 3048, 309, 1997.Google Scholar
- X. Chen, S. R. J. Brueck, “Imaging Interferometric Lithography—A Wavelength Division Multiplex Approach to Extending Optical Lithography,” J. Vac. Sc. Technol., to be published Nov./Dec. 1998.Google Scholar
- N. Magotra, S. Divakar, C. Tu, S. R. J. Brueck, X. Chen, “Digital Image Processing Applied to Imaging Interferometric Lithography”, IEEE Asilomar Conference on Signals and Systems, Monterey Calif., 1998.Google Scholar
- Semiconductors Industries Association (http://www.sematech.org/), “National Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors”, 1997.Google Scholar
- X. Chen, “A study of Interferometric lithography—Approaching the linear systems of optics,” Ph.D. dissertation, EECE department, UNM, Aug 1998.Google Scholar