The scenario management tool SMARTFED for real-time interactive high performance networked simulations
The National Aerospace Laboratory NLR is the central aerospace research and development organization in the Netherlands, and is actively involved in international simulation projects. In the HPCN project SIMULTAAN, NLR developes a generic scenario management tool named SMARTFED for real-time monitoring and control of networked simulations. The scenario management tool also offers functionalities to define and execute scenarios. This paper describes SMARTFED and its use in networked real-time high performance simulations. The envisaged use of SMARTFED in aerospace applications is illustrated by NLR's DELTA federation.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Kos, A.A. ten Dam, G.W. Pruis and W. J. Vankan, 1998, Efficient Harmonisation of Simulation Competence in a CACE Working Environment, Proceedings of the 5 th International Workshop on Simulation for European Space Programmes (SESP'98), ESTEC, The Netherlands.Google Scholar
- 2.SIMULTAAN web-site: http://www.nlr.nl/public/hosted-sites/simultaanGoogle Scholar
- 3.HLA web-site:http://www.dmso.mil/hlaGoogle Scholar
- 4.A.A. ten Dam, P. Schrap and W. Brouwer, 1994, Programme and Real-time Operations Simulation Support Tool PROSIM: The Simulation Program of the Dutch National Simulation Facility NSF, Proceedings of the 3 rd international Workshop on Simulation for European Space Programmes (SESP'94), ESTEC, The Netherlands.Google Scholar
- 5.R.P. van Sterkenburg, 1998, SIMULTAAN State Transition Diagram for Federations, NLR Technical Report, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.Google Scholar
- 6.D. Prochnow, E.H. Page and B. Youmans, 1998, Development of a Federation Management Tool: Implications for HLA, Simulator Interoperability Workshop (SIW) Spring 98.Google Scholar