An environment for generating applications involving remote manipulation of parallel machines
- 95 Downloads
This paper summarises the Visual Environment for the Development of Parallel Real-Time Systems and focuses on one of its tools, namely the graphical User Interface Generator (GUIG). The aim of this tool is to facilitate the generation of a Graphical User Interface for applications developed using the Parallel Kernel Virtuoso (Virtuoso is a trademark of Eonic Systems-http://www.eonic.com). Roughly, the GUIG should be able to provide integration among the application being developed, the Internet and the graphical interface of the application. A first version of the Environment was released as Teaching Environment for Virtuoso (TEV), available for downloading from http://www.dc.ufscar.br/~tev/tev.html.
KeywordsParallel Machine Parallel System Visual Environment Visual Component Host Machine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- W. Cai, T.L. Pian, S.J. Turner, “A Framework for Visual Parallel Programming”, In Proceedings of Aizu International Symposium on Parallel Algorithms/Architecture Synthesis, IEEE Computer Society Press, Japan, March 1995Google Scholar
- L. Schaefers, C. Scheidler, O. Kraemer-Fuhrmann, “TRAPPER—A Graphical Programming Environment for Industrial High-Performance Application”, Parle (Parallel and Languages Europe), Muenchen, June 1993, pp. 11.Google Scholar
- G. Dózsa, P. Kacsuk, T. Fadgyas, “Development of Graphical Parallel Programs in PVM Environments”, In Proc. of 1st Austrian-Hungarian Workshop on Distributed and Parallel Systems, Miskolc, Hungria, October 1996, pp. 33–40.Google Scholar
- M. Aspnäs, R.J.R. Back, T. Långbacka, “Millipede—A Programming Environment Providing Visual Support for Parallel Programming”, Reports on Computer Science & Mathematics, Åbo Akademi, Ser. A, No 129, 1991.Google Scholar
- G. R. R. Justo, “PVMGraph: A Graphical Editor for the Design of PVM Programs”, Technical Report, University of Westminster, May 1996.Google Scholar
- Célio E. Morón, José R. P. Ribeiro, Nilton C. da Silva, Towards a Rapid Prototyping by Linking Design, Implementation and Debugging in Real Time Parallel Programs Systems, Proceedings of the 9th IEEE International Workshop on Rapid System Prototyping, Leuven, Belgium, June 1998.Google Scholar
- Nilton C. da Silva, José R. P. Ribeiro, Célio E. Morón, Sérgio D. Zorzo, Unifying Implementation, Visualisation, Debugging and Validation of Temporal Requirements in Real-Time Parallel Programs, I Workshop on Real-Time System, in the 16o Brazilian Symposium of Computer Network, May 1998, (in Portuguese).Google Scholar
- José R. P. Ribeiro, Nilton C. da Silva, Célio E. Morón. A Visual Environment for the Development of Parallel Real-Time Programs, published on WPDRS’98 (Workshop on Parallel and Distributed Real-Time Systems), in LNCS # 1388 (Lectures Notes in Computer Science) from Springer-Verlag, Proceedings of the IPPS98 Workshop-IEEE, Orlando, Florida-USA, March, 30 to April, 3/1998.Google Scholar
- “Virtuoso—The Virtual Single Processor Programming System”, User Manual, Version 3.11, EONIC SYSTEMS.Google Scholar