Dependability evaluation of fault tolerant distributed industrial control systems
- 54 Downloads
Modern distributed industrial control systems need improvements in their dependability. In this paper we study the dependability of a fault tolerant distributed industrial control system designed in our university. This system is based on fault tolerant nodes interconnected by two communication networks. This paper begins showing the architecture of a single node in the distributed system. Reliability and safety results for this node are presented using a theoretical model based on Stochastic Activity Networks (SAN). Based on this architecture, the theoretical model of the distributed system is then presented; in order to evaluate the reliability and safety of the whole system models based on stochastic activity networks are used, and the results obtained using UltraSAN are presented.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sanders, W.H., Obal, W.D.: Dependability evaluation using UltraSAN. 23th International Symposium on Fault Tolerant Computing. Toulouse, France (1993)Google Scholar
- 2.Sanders, W.H., Obal, W.D., Qureshi, M.A., Widjarnako, F.A.: UltraSAN version 3: architecture, features, and implementation. Technical report 95S02, Center for reliable and high-performance computing. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (1995)Google Scholar
- 3.UltraSAN users manual. Center for Reliable and High Performance Computing, Coordinated Science Laboratory, University of Illinois at Urbana-ChampaignGoogle Scholar
- 4.Campelo, J.C., Rodríguez, F., Gil, P.J., Serrano, J.J.: Dependability evaluation of fault tolerant architectures in distributed industrial control system. WFCS’97, 2nd IEEE International Workshop on Factory Communication Systems, Barcelona, Spain (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Nelli, M., Bondavalli, A., Simonici, L.: Dependability modelling and analysis of complex control systems: an application to railway interlocking. EDDC-2, 2nd European Dependable Computing Conference. Taormina, Italy (1996)Google Scholar