Saturated ideals obtained via restricted iterated collapse of huge cardinals
- 1.6k Downloads
A uniform method to define a (restricted iterated) forcing notion to collapse a huge cardinal to a small one to obtain models with various types of highly saturated ideals over small cardinals is presented. The method is discussed in great technical details in the first chapter, while in the second chapter the application of the method is shown on three different models: Model I with an ℵ1-complete ℵ2-saturated ideal over ℵ1 that satisfies Chang’s conjecture, Model II with an ℵ1-complete ℵ3-saturated ideal over ℵ3, and Model III with an ℵ1-complete (ℵ2, ℵ2, ℵ0)-saturated ideal over ℵ1.
KeywordsInduction Hypothesis Generic Extension Regular Cardinal Measurable Cardinal Complete Versus
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [B]Baumgartner, J.E., Iterated forcing, Surveys in Set Theory, London Math. Soc. Lecture Note Series, 87, Cambridge University Press, 1983.Google Scholar
- [F1]Franek, F., Some results about saturated ideals and about isomorphisms of κ -trees, Ph.D. thesis, University of Toronto, 1983.Google Scholar
- [FL]Forman, M., Laver, R., There is a model in which every ℵ 2 -chromatic graph of size ℵ 2 has an ℵ 1 -chromatic subgraph of size ℵ 1, a handwritten note.Google Scholar
- [FMS]Forman, M., Magidor, M., Shelah, S. Marten’s Maximum, Saturated Ideals and non-regular ultrafilters I,II, preprint, to appear.Google Scholar
- [J]Jech, T.T., Set theory, Academic Press, 1980.Google Scholar
- [K1]Kunen, K., Set theory, North-Holland, 1980.Google Scholar
- [L]Laver, R., An (ℵ 2 ,ℵ 2 ,ℵ 0 )-saturated ideal on ℵ 1, Logic Colloquium 10, 173–180, North-Holland, 1982.Google Scholar
- [Mi]Mitchell, W.J., Hypermeasurable cardinals, Logic Colloquium ’78 (Mons, 1978), pp.303–316, Stud. Logic Foundations Math., 97, North-Holland, 1979.Google Scholar
- [S]Solovay, R.M., Real-valued measurable cardinals, Axiomatic Set Theory, (Proc. Sympos. Pure Math., Vol XIII, Part I, Univ. California, Los Angeles, California, 1967), 397–428.Google Scholar
- [U]Ulam, S., Zur Masstheorie in der algemainem Mengenlehre, Fund. Math. 16 (1930).Google Scholar
- [W]Woodin, H., An ℵ 1 -dense ideal on ℵ 1, handwritten notes.Google Scholar