On continued fractions associated with polynomial type pade approximants, with an application
The diagonal Padé approximants of power series that satisfy a certain reciprocal property involve, essentially, one polynomial. The continued fractions, whose convergents are the sequence of diagonal approximants, are consequentially of a simplified form. An interesting example is a continued fraction given by Stieltjes, and this is seen to have an application in current approximation theory.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Frenzen, C L, Private Communication.Google Scholar
- 4.Frenzen, C L, ‘Error bounds for asymptotic expansions of the ratio of two gamma functions’ Preprint of paper submitted to SIAM J. Math. Anal.Google Scholar
- 5.Magnus, A, Private Communication.Google Scholar
- 8.Perron, O, ‘Die Lehre von den Kettenbruchen’, Chelsea, New York 1929.Google Scholar
- 9.Phillips, G M, ‘Error estimates for best polynomial approximations’, contributed to Approximation Theory’ edited by A Talbot, Academic Press 1970.Google Scholar
- 11.Stieltjes, T J, ‘Correspondence d’Hermite et de Stieltjes’, Tomes 1 and 2, Gauthier-Villars, 1905.Google Scholar
- 12.Timan, A F, ‘Theory of approximation of functions of a real variable’, Pergamon Press, 1963 (Translated from Russian by J Berry).Google Scholar