Error analysis of incoming and outgoing schemes for the trigonometric moment problem
The solution of the trigonometric moment problem involves the computation of a (0/n) Laurent-Padé approximant for a positive real function on the complex unit circle. The incoming scheme is equivalent with the recursion for Szegö's orthogonal polynomials, while the outgoing scheme is equivalent to the schur recursion for contractions of the unit disc. The numerical stability of both algorithms is proved under certain conditions via a backward error analysis.
KeywordsError Analysis Condition Number Toeplitz Matrice Pade Approximant Pade Approximation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G. Szegö, Orthogonal polynomials, A.M.S. Colloquium publ. XXIII, AMS Providence, Rhode Island, 1939.Google Scholar
- A. Bultheel, P. Dewilde, On the relation between Padé approximation algorithms and Levinson/Schur recursive methods, in Proc. Conf. Signal Processing, EUSIPCO-80, M. Kunt, F. de Coulon (eds.), North-Holland, 1980, pp. 517–523.Google Scholar
- V. Cappellini, A.G. Constantinides, P. Emiliani, Digital filters and their applications, Ac. Press, New York, 1978.Google Scholar
- A. Bultheel, Towards an error analysis of fast Toeplitz factorization, Rept. TW 44, K.U.Leuven, Afd. Toeg. Wisk. & Progr., May 1979.Google Scholar
- G. Cybenko, Error analysis of Durbin's algorithm, to appear in SIAM J. for Scient. and Stat. Comp.Google Scholar