SDL based approach to software process modeling
- 134 Downloads
The paper presents a Specification and Description Language (SDL) based approach to software process modeling. A brief review of other process modeling languages is given and the advantages of the ITU-T standardized SDL for formal model development are outline. Further on, it is shown how software process entities are modeled using SDL. Software maintenance process performed in a large telecommunications company is used as a case study. The software maintenance practice is first described informally, followed by a formal SDL software maintence model. Finally, the SDL model simulation and verification results are presented, and an overall assessment of SDL applicability for software process modeling is discussed.
KeywordsSoftware Process Team Leader Process Participant Process Instance Software Maintenance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Ellsberger J., D. Hogrefe and A. Sarma, SDL Formal Object-oreinted Language for Communicating Systems, Prentice Hall, Europe, UK, 1997.Google Scholar
- 7.Garg, P. and M. Jazayeri, Process-Centered Software Engineering Environments: A Grand Tour, Technical Report, Distributed Systems Department, Technical University of Vienna, Austria, TUV-1841-95-02, 1995.Google Scholar
- 8.Gruhn, V. and H. Weber, Understanding and Improving Interpersonal Processes in Software Development, 1992. URL: http:ls10-www.informatik.uni-dortmund.de/Google Scholar
- 9.Mikac, B., I. Lovrek, V. Sinkovic, Z. Car, H. Pehar, I. Podnar, A. Caric, A. Burilovic, H. Naglic, I. Sinovcic, T. Viskic-Huljenic, Assessing the Process of Telecommunications Software Maintenance, Proceedings of the combined 10 th European Software Control and Metrics conference and the 2 nd SCOPE conference, Herstmonceux, UK, April 1999, pp. 267–275.Google Scholar
- 10.Pigoski, T.M., Practical Software Maintenance, Wiley, New York, 1996.Google Scholar
- 11.Podnar, I., Software Maintenance Process Analysis, Master's Thesis (in Croatian), Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of Zagreb, 1999.Google Scholar
- 12.Sommerville, I., Software Engineering, Addison-Wesley, Wokingham, UK, 1995.Google Scholar