High resolution spectral calculations of inviscid compressible flows
- 621 Downloads
The extension of spectral methods to inviscid compressible flows is considered. Techniques for high resolution treatment of shocks and contact discontinuities are introduced. Model problems that demonstrate resolution of moderate-strength shocks and contact discontinuities over one effective grid interval are given.
KeywordsSpectral Method Contact Discontinuity Discontinuous Solution Spectral Equation Shock Discontinuity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Boris, J. P. & Book, D. L. 1976 Methods in Computational Physics, Academic, Vol. 16, Chap. 11.Google Scholar
- Gottlieb, D., Gunzburger, M. & Turkel, E. 1979 SIAM J. Num. Anal., in press.Google Scholar
- Gottlieb, D. & Orszag, S. A. 1977 Numerical Analysis of Spectral Methods: Theory and Applications, NSF-CBMS Monograph No. 26, Soc. Ind. Appl. Math.Google Scholar
- Gottlieb, D. & Turkel, E. 1979 Stud. in Appl. Math., in press.Google Scholar
- Lax, P. 1978 in Proc. Symp. Mathematics Research Center (Univ. of Wisconsin), Academic, p. 107.Google Scholar
- Orszag, S. A. 1979a ‘Fast’ eigenfunction transforms, to be published.Google Scholar
- Orszag, S. A. 1979b J. Comp. Phys., in press.Google Scholar
- Orszag, S. A. & Kells, L. C. 1979 J. Fluid Mech., in press.Google Scholar