Direct and repeated bifurcation into turbulence
Part of the Lecture Notes in Mathematics book series (LNM, volume 771)
- 625 Downloads
KeywordsPeriodic Solution Rayleigh Number Couette Flow Steady Solution Taylor Vortex
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Fenstermacher, P. R., Swinney, H. L. and Gollub, J. P. Dynamical instabilities and transition to chaotic Taylor vortex flow. J. Fluid Mech. (to appear).Google Scholar
- Gollub, J. P. and Benson, S. V. Phase locking in the oscillations leading to turbulence. To appear in Pattern formation (approximate title), edited by H. Haken, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1979Google Scholar
- Iooss, G. and Joseph, D. D. Elementary stability and bifurcation theory (to appear).Google Scholar
- Joseph, D. D. Hydrodynamic stability and bifurcation. In hydrodynamic instabilities and the transition to turbulence. Springer Topics in Current Physics. Eds. Swinney H. L. and Gollub, J. P.Google Scholar
- Joseph, D. D. Stability of fluid motions Vols. I and II. Springer tracts in Nat. Phil. Vols. 27 and 28, 1976.Google Scholar
- Libchaber, A. and Maurer, J. An experiment of Rayleigh-Benard in small domains; multiplation, locking and division of frequencies (to appear).Google Scholar
- Maurer, J. and Libchaber, A. Rayleigh-Benard experiment in liquid helium; frequency locking and the onset of turbulence. J. Phys. Letters (to appear in July 1979).Google Scholar
- Orszag, S. A. and Kelms, L. C. Transition to turbulence in Plane Poiseuille and Plane Couette Flow. J. Fluid Mech. (to appear).Google Scholar
- Yavorskaya, I. M., Beleyayev, J. N., Monakov, A. A., Scherbakov, N. M. Generation of turbulence in a rotating visious fluid. JETP, 29, 329–334Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag 1980