Olomorphic Vectorbundles and Yang Mills Fields
- 584 Downloads
In terms of differential geometry a potential should be interpreted as a connection and its field as the curvature associated to the connection. In gauge theory one is lead to consider connections and curvatures in vectorbundles. The topic of these lectures is to describe the self-dual curvatures of SU(2)-connections of vectorbundles on S4, which are called self-dual euclidean SU(2)-Yang Mills fields. In  it was shown that such fields are in a one to one correspondence with certain holomorphic vectorbundles on ℙ3(ℂ), which are now called instantonbundles. By using the theory of moduli for algebraic vectorbundles on complex projective space explicit expressions for the euclidean SU(2)-Yang Mills fields can be derived from this correspondence. This procedure is described here only in the case of the instanton number c2=1.
KeywordsLine Bundle Chern Class Orthonormal Frame Local Frame Connection Matrix
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Douady-Verdier, Les équations de Yang-Mills, Seminaire E.N.S. Paris 1977-78, astérisque 71–72 (1980)Google Scholar
- Milnor-Stasheff, Characteristic classes, Princeton University Press 1974Google Scholar
- Rawnsley, Self-dual Yang-Mills fields, manuscriptGoogle Scholar
- Okonek-Schneider-Spindler, Vectorbundles on complex projective space, Progr. in Math. 3, Birkhäuser Boston 1980Google Scholar
- Trautmann, Zur Berechnung von Yang-Hills-Potentialen durch holomorphe Vektorbündel, Proceedings of the Nice conference 1979, Progress in Math. 7, Birkhäuser Boston 1980Google Scholar
- Wells, Differential analysis on complex manifolds, Prentice Hall 1973.Google Scholar